[BlueOnyx:06067] Re: Packages for blueonyx CentOS 5

Taco Scargo taco at blueonyx.it
Thu Dec 9 14:36:38 -05 2010

Hello unknown person/webmaster,

Although we really appreciate anyone that submits patches and enhancements to the BlueOnyx platform, it has been a choice to base it off RHEL/CentOS 5.

Red Hat's continued maintenance ensures bugs are fixed, and no security vulnerabilities are in the underlying system software.

So the current iptables-1.3.5-5.3.el5_4.1 as it is installed on every up to date BlueOnyx system is safe. If you think it is not safe, please report that to Red Hat.

It is on purpose that Red Hat does not introduce new versions in a major release.
And to be honest, I like that very much.

With regards,

Taco Scargo
taco at blueonyx.it