[BlueOnyx:06087] Re: cant run any commands on one of our BlueOnyxboxes

Peter Robbins - Bridgewater Software Group pete at bridgewater.it
Sun Dec 12 12:02:36 -05 2010

Wow what a long day.  I have solved it!
If anyone wants to know:

Using an ubuntu livecd I mounted the LVM disk using LVM2
I then used rsync from another BO box to get back the /lib and /usr/lib
directories that had 'vanished'
I had various issues with the VM and spent hours making the vmware
snapshot join backup to the base file.  This occurred because I mounted
the disk on an other VM and broke the connection between the VM snapshot
and the VM base files.
Once this was put back together I rebooted the VM BO box. This gave
various issues with CCed not starting and no command login availble, so
back to livecd and rsync /usr/sausalito
rebooted and the only issue was httpd was not starting, so I found the
offending site conf file and deleted it - its a dev site which I rthen
added back in throught the admin panel

and voila!

Not bad for 16 hours continuous work all through the night and next
day.  Iam off to bed now.

Pete