[BlueOnyx:06145] Sendmail's confPRIVACY_FLAGS settings

Darrell D. Mobley dmobley at uhostme.com
Sun Dec 19 15:30:17 -05 2010

I have been reading about making Sendmail on BX servers more secure here:

http://www.axxaran.de/blog/?p=72

In looking at the default BX sendmail.mc file, this is what I see:

define(`confPRIVACY_FLAGS', `noexpn noexpn authwarnings')

When I look at the default BQ sendmail.mc file, this is what I see:

define(`confPRIVACY_FLAGS', `authwarnings,novrfy,noexpn,restrictqrun')dnl

What would be the consequences of using the BQ settings?  What would be the
consequences of adding "nobodyreturn" as well?  What about "noverb" and
"noetrn" as well?

Why does the BX settings have "noexpn" listed twice?

Why does the BX settings have spaces instead of commas?

Why does the BX settings not have a trailing "dnl"?  Or does that not really
matter?