[BlueOnyx:03504] Has my system been hacked?

Mark E. Levy mark at levysplace.us
Sun Feb 7 18:06:25 -05 2010

First the root password changes, now I'm getting the following in the
maillog and the mail server stops:

NOQUEUE: SYSERR(root): /etc/mail/sendmail.cf: line 101: fileclass: cannot
open '/etc/mail/local-host-names': World-writable directory

I also see /etc/mail/virthosts and /etc/mail/truster-users with the same
error.

What should the permissions be for this tree?

Thanks again.

-Mark