[BlueOnyx:03511] Re: DNS prob after migration from BQ

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Mon Feb 8 12:25:49 -05 2010

Hi Bret,

Bret Hughes wrote:
> I am new to cobalt related boxes but do know my way around a Centos box
> ok.  I have a client that had a BlueQuartz (BQ) box that was hacked so
> we have migrated it to BlueOnyx rather than rebuild it on BQ.  For the
> most part it went well but for a dns issue. Every time we make a dns
> change, named.conf gets a duplicate record for the local host reverse
> lookup:
>

> zone "1/32.0.0.127.in-addr.arpa" {
>   type master;
>   file "db.1-32.0.0.127.in-addr.arpa";
> };
<SNIP>
> I deleted the zones and the db.1-32* files as well  but they get
> regenerated.

Yes, what you don't want to do is manually delete the zones from the CLI
in order to solve the problem.

What you DO want to do is go to the GUI, Server Management > Network
Services > DNS > Edit Primary Services.     Then open up the reverse
zone and click REMOVE RECORDS.   Get rid of them.  You don't need them.
   That will fix the problem.

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services