[BlueOnyx:03576] Re: Understanding certifications

Jim Dory jdory at nomealaska.org
Thu Feb 11 20:48:06 -05 2010

On 2/11/2010 3:16 PM, Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet wrote:
> Jim
>
> All of our users use www.theirdomain.tld/login to log into
> BlueQuartz/BlueOnyx.  So the opening page for their usr/pwd is
> unsecured, you're right.
>
> And I will not tell you that you're wrong to desire a secured login page
> from the start.
>
> "unnecessary" can be such a relative term, though.  I must decline to
> give a straight answer!  :)

Well, had someone check and looks like the login page doesn't work
outside our lan. So maybe the users don't need to login. (However, after
I posted on the list I always see log in attempts in the GUI Failed
Logins. Not sure how they do that unless it records webmail login
attempts- one was an IP address and others were names. 24 attempts by
200.143.10.234).
I suppose I would have to punch a hole in our firewall for port 444 to
be able to log in - but not sure of ramifications for doing that
therefore I shouldn't.

/jim