[BlueOnyx:03582] Re: Understanding certifications

Jim Dory jdory at nomealaska.org
Fri Feb 12 17:43:32 -05 2010

>>> https://%1:81/error/forbidden.html
>>> [L,R]
>>> RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST}                ^([^:]+)
>>> RewriteRule ^/admin/?$
>>> https://server79.secure-access.net:81/login.php [L,R]
>>> RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST}                ^([^:]+)
>>> RewriteRule ^/siteadmin/?$
>>> https://server79.secure-access.net:81/login.php [L,R]
>>> RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST}                ^([^:]+)
>>> RewriteRule ^/personal/?$
>>> https://server79.secure-access.net:81/login.php [L,R]
>>> RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST}                ^([^:]+)
>>> RewriteRule ^/login/?$
>>> https://server79.secure-access.net:81/login.php [L,R]
>>>
>> Hi Ken,
>> Do you use a wildcard certificate in order to share a cert across
>> several hostnames, or do you put an individual cert on each server?
>>
>> --
>> Chris Gebhardt
>> VIRTBIZ Internet Services
>> Access, Web Hosting, Colocation, Dedicated
>> www.virtbiz.com | toll-free (866) 4 VIRTBIZ
>>

> Chris
>
> A 2048 bit wildcard cert from Register.com
> Register.com allows you to use the wildcard across unlimited separate
> physical servers.

I suppose that unfortunately I would not be able to do this as I have
only one ip address for this server, which is named nomecity.org but has
the virtual site of nomealaska.org , which is what we're using.
Appreciate this info though - I can consider perhaps purchasing an
additional ip address.

/jim