[BlueOnyx:03625] Re: Tips for tracking down rogue mysql connection use?

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Thu Feb 18 17:42:20 -05 2010

Hi Jeff,

> So I'm after any clues on how best to figure out exactly what is using
> MySQL connections if it happens again.
>
> The MySQL log doesn't tell me much, and the Netstat shows me the
> connections, but not what is actually using them.

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/show-processlist.html

Or use phpMyAdmin. In the main menu you'll see "Show processlist". That
usually tells you which MySQL user is currently running which query.

Typically if you have some runaway script, then a specific user will show up a
lot of times and you can check what kind of queries he's currently doing.
It'll not show which script is doing that, as MySQL has no way of knowing
that. But it's a start.