[BlueOnyx:03647] ftp service status issue

Bret Hughes bhughes at elevating.com
Wed Feb 24 11:08:08 -05 2010

I have a BX server that shows the ftp service is not running from the
status page of the UI.  Investigation shows that proftpd is run from
xinetd and while it seems to take a while to respond it does allow me to
connect.  The client has just made some firewall changes and is
convinced that the reason they cannot connect from the internal network
is because ftp is not running.

Any ideas why the status shows that ftp is not running and what I can do
to fix it?

Thanks,

Bret