[BlueOnyx:03656] Re: dkim and or domainkey implementation

trasor trasor at lhtot.com
Wed Feb 24 13:14:13 -05 2010

On 2/24/2010 11:40 AM, Michael Stauber wrote:
> Hi trasor,
>

>> I have narrowed my problem with DKIM and
>> Domainkeys down to the Blueonyx software.  The issues has to do with the
>> use of underscores is the DNS records.  I have added the appropriate
>> information into DNS via the db.domain.com.include file yet Blueonyx
>> fails to read the information or acknowledge the info is there due to
>> underscores.  Is there a patch or other work-around to allow Blueonyx to
>> accept underscores in DNS records?
>>
> Can you provide an example of the changes you made? I'll then look into it.

In /var/named/chroot/var/named/db.domain.com.include I have added 2 dns
entries that contain underscores that BO does not appear to accept.  I
can definitely not use theBlueonyx GUI to enter a text record containing
underscores.  Here's my /var/named/chroot/var/named/db.domain.com.include.

maildkim._domainkey.domain.com. IN TXT "v=DKIM1; g=*; k=rsa; t=y;
p=MIGfMA0GCSqGS...."; ----- DKIM maildkim for domain.com
_adsp._domainkey.domain.com.    IN    TXT    "dkim=unknown"

Thanks for looking into this.