[BlueOnyx:03667] Re: Unable to create new sites

Larry Smith lesmith at ecsis.net
Thu Feb 25 07:28:33 -05 2010

On Thu February 25 2010 06:02, Christoph Schneeberger wrote:
> Steve Howes wrote:
> > On 24 Feb 2010, at 16:06, Christoph Schneeberger wrote:
> >> "Unable to create the system email alias, sys at www.abcdefgh.ch, for
> >> this
> >> site. Make sure no user on the system is using the alias and try
> >> again."
> >>
> >> in /var/log/messages I get:
> >>
> >> Feb 24 17:02:04 vps-105-96 cced(smd)[11718]: client
> >> 28:handlers/base/vsite/vsite_create.pl: CREATE succeeded
> >> Feb 24 17:02:04 vps-105-96 cced(smd)[11718]: client
> >> 28:handlers/base/vsite/vsite_create.pl: CREATE  ProtectedEmailAlias
> >> fqdn
> >> = "www.abcdefgh.ch" site = site2 build_maps = 0 action = sys alias =
> >> sys
> >> Feb 24 17:02:04 vps-105-96 cced(smd)[11718]: client
> >> 28:handlers/base/vsite/vsite_create.pl: CREATE ProtectedEmailAlias
> >> failed (-7)
> >
> > Eeek, had that on a Cobalt once. Was caused by an oid being used that
> > wasn't in the index. Have you let the disk fill up / had any signs of
> > disk corruption? It might be completely unrelated but its exactly the
> > same errors...
>
> Not that I am aware of, no quota probs, no crash or such and no disk
> full either, its a OpenVZ Container and until now it hadn't made any
> problems.
> Is there anything I can possibly do to further diagnose the problem ?
> Any hints are welcome, thanks for taking the time.

Believe that part of the code is adding the username to the virtusertable.
Try logging into the box and update the virtusertable manually and see
if there are any issues:

cd /etc/mail
makemap hash virtusertable < virtusertable

If there are any errors there, fix them, then try again until it works,
then try adding the site again.

--
Larry Smith
lesmith at ecsis.net