[BlueOnyx:03670] Re: Unable to create new sites

Larry Smith lesmith at ecsis.net
Thu Feb 25 08:53:05 -05 2010

On Thu February 25 2010 07:38, Christoph Schneeberger wrote:
> Larry Smith wrote:

> >> Not that I am aware of, no quota probs, no crash or such and no disk
> >> full either, its a OpenVZ Container and until now it hadn't made any
> >> problems.
> >> Is there anything I can possibly do to further diagnose the problem ?
> >> Any hints are welcome, thanks for taking the time.
> >
> > Believe that part of the code is adding the username to the
> > virtusertable. Try logging into the box and update the virtusertable
> > manually and see if there are any issues:
> >
> > cd /etc/mail
> > makemap hash virtusertable < virtusertable
> >
> > If there are any errors there, fix them, then try again until it works,
> > then try adding the site again.
>
> Thanks for the suggestion, but the virtusertable is healthy (updates
> without problems).
> So far I think it fails before updating maps and I come to think there
> is one of this strange OID problems that were discussed here from time
> to time.

Interesting....  Ok, you are adding an alias of "sys" (according to the
log snippet), so try adding an entry of "sys" to the virtusertable (copy
some line and replace the first position with "sys") then try rebuilding
it and see if it gives any errors...  Sounds like you are trying to use
a "protected" system alias from the error message...

--
Larry Smith
lesmith at ecsis.net