[BlueOnyx:03671] Re: How to for installing PHP5.3 on BlueOnyx

DD bqlist at distortal.com
Thu Feb 25 08:59:02 -05 2010

Menno Jansz wrote:
> I have successfully compiled and installed PHP5.3 alongside the old
> PHP on BlueOnyx. Have had it running for about a week without probs.
>
> For details please see here:
>
> http://jansz.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=89&
> mode=thread&order=0&thold=0
>
> After my Cobolt I went Plesk, so it's nice to finally be back :)
>
> Cheers,
> Menno

Thank you for posting this, Menno.

Couple of questions:

    Can the /habitableplanet/ part of the path be anything?  '/php531/' for
example?

    What would I need to edit to have the last three lines added to the
siteXX.include automatically for all new sites?

If anyone else has used this guide and can confirm it's OK, I'll give a go
myself - I'm a bit wary after messing things up previously!

DD