[BlueOnyx:03678] Re: Unable to create new sites

Christoph Schneeberger cschnee at box.telemedia.ch
Thu Feb 25 11:20:52 -05 2010

Steve Howes wrote:

>> Interesting....  Ok, you are adding an alias of "sys" (according to
>> the
>> log snippet), so try adding an entry of "sys" to the virtusertable
>> (copy
>> some line and replace the first position with "sys") then try
>> rebuilding
>> it and see if it gives any errors...  Sounds like you are trying to
>> use
>> a "protected" system alias from the error message...
>>

> It is protected (so not usable) but that would give the error 'Sorry,
> the email alias, sys, is already in use on this system. Please choose
> another.
> Email aliases were not created for this user. ', which assuming the
> error we were told was accurate means it isn't this problem causing
> the logged errors.

I completely agree, every site with email enabled gets a default alias
of sys at site.tld -> sys in the virtusertable, so this log-enty occures
for every site creation if email is enabled. For me it looks like its
failing to store this specific alias into the internal database but I'm
pretty lost on how to debug this further.

Cheers,
Christoph