[BlueOnyx:03680] Re: Unable to create new sites

Christoph Schneeberger cschnee at box.telemedia.ch
Thu Feb 25 11:44:44 -05 2010

Steve Howes wrote:
> On 25 Feb 2010, at 16:07, Christoph Schneeberger wrote:
>
>> Thanks for your reply. Here we go:
>>
>> cat /usr/sausalito/codb/codb.oids
>>
>> 1-171
>>

>> ls -1 /usr/sausalito/codb/objects/
>>
>> 1
>> <snip>
>> 522
>>

> Eeek!, that oids file should have ranges that cover all the things in /
> objects/. e.g. if you had
>
> 1
> 2
> 3
> 4
> 5
> 8
> 9
> 10
> 11
> 15
> 16
> 18
> 20
> 21
> 22
>
> You oids should contain 1-5,8-16,18,20-22
>
> Is this a production server or a test server? Might need a bit of
> voodoo doing here. Do you have a recentish backup just incase?

Your "eeek" sounded pretty disturbing over here, its a production server
indeed ;-) I have filesystem backups almost daily, and I am right now
running a cmuExport to see if that works. (might take some time for
~60GB data....)
Would extracting the ranges and adding that to the oid file in the form
a-b,c-d,x-y etc help eventually ?

Cheers and thanks for your help so far!
Christoph