[BlueOnyx:03703] Re: Latest YUM updates

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Fri Feb 26 22:44:54 -05 2010

Hi Darrell,

> The last two YUM updates were base-dns and base-email.  I am guessing the
> DNS update may have been for the Domain Keys that were requested, but what
> was the email update?  If I was wrong on the DNS update, what was it in
> reference to?

Yeah, sorry. I forgot to make the anouncement here and on the website.

base-dns: This is a change that Rickard Osser coded. On BlueApp he needed a
constructor which adds ENABLE_ZONE_WRITE=yes to /etc/sysconfig/named  in order
to get zonetransfers (AXFR) to work.

And no, the SPF/Domainkeys issue is not addressed yet. We're working on a fix
for that and it'll be out sometime within the next couple of days. We're
currently discussing how to implement that without breaking something else.

base-email: That is also a change coded by Rickard Ossser. If the GUI needs to
make a change to sendmail.cf, it will now make it to the sendmail.mc instead
and will then rebuild the sendmail.cf accordingly. Additionally he added
provisions to the GUI that allow you to add and manage RBL blacklists.

Rickard actually submitted the base-email changes half a year ago and I didn't
release them, as they would cause issues on servers with the Solarspeed AV-
SPAM. Which uses customized sendmail.cf's and sendmail.mc's. However, during a
recent AV-SPAM overhaul I added provisions to the AV-SPAM so that both mods
can co-exist without getting into each others hairs. It ain't perfect yet,
though, but within the next week or two I'll have that settled, too.