[BlueOnyx:04918] cPanel on BlueOnyx? It doesn't work!

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Mon Jul 5 00:24:48 -05 2010

Argh!  We just got an "urgent ticket" from a dedicated server customer
to re-load their site from backup since their tech did something to make
it break.

Ah... I see, they tried to install cPanel on the BlueOnyx server!
Unless somebody has a better idea, my inclination is to have the box
wiped and start it from scratch.

Oh, and lock out the idiot that tried pulling that little stunt.   For
anybody that would like a good laugh, here's what I pulled from bash
history:
     1  yum install yum-allowdowngrade
     2  cs /home
     3  cd /home
     4  wget -N http://layer1.cpanel.net/latest
     5  sh latest
     6  /usr/local/cpanel/cpkeyclt
     7  cd /etc/httpd/conf
     8  vi httpd.conf
     9  grep DocumentRoot /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf
    10  vi httpd.conf
    11  cd /home
    12  ls
    13  cs users
    14  cd users
    15  ls
    16  cs admin
    17  ls
    18  cd admin
    19  ls
    20  cd public_html
    21  ls
    22  cd /home
    23  cd sites
    24  ls
    25  cd www.SITENAMERECACTED.com
    26  ls
    27  cd web
    28  ls
    29  cd /
    30  ls
    31  cd /home/sites/www.SITENAMERECACTED.com/web
    32  ls
    33  cd /etc/httpd/conf
    34  vi httpd.conf
    35  service httpd restart
    36  service httpd restart
    37  service httpd stop
    38  cd /
    39  ls
    40  service
    41  service httpd restart
    42  service httpd start
    43  service httpd stop
    44  service httpd start

Yeah yeah yeah!   Looks good, buddy!  Oh boy....

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services