[BlueOnyx:04948] Re: The operation failed. Unable to update the web server information for this site.

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Mon Jul 5 12:48:40 -05 2010

Hi Julliet,

> I want to add a Web server alias. There is a A record in the DNS of the
> alias name. (www)
>
> The server give the error : The operation failed. Unable to update the web
> server information for this site.
>
> What is the problem ?

Sorry, but this is not enough info to troubleshoot the problem. What's the
name of the website and what's the web alias you try to add?

Also, you could run "tail -f /var/log/messages" as "root" on the box while you
try to add the alias. The information that's written to /var/log/messages
while you try this through the GUI could help tremendously to debug the
problem.