[BlueOnyx:04966] disable all email

Bret Hughes bhughes at elevating.com
Tue Jul 6 15:18:38 -05 2010

I have a client that has about 120 sites that are now only webservices
with no email.  Dns is working and all email outside the box works
fine.  The issue is that as they were setting stuff up they did not
disable the email for the sites and/or remove the localhostname
aliases.  I suspect I can remove all the entries in
/etc/mail/local-host-names that are troublesome but it appears that the
gui will not reflect that email is disabled and some (all?) of the
entries will be put back someone changes something email related.

For instance :

Site name www.mydomain.com has  an  Email Server Alias of mydomain.com

There is an entry in /etc/mail/local-host-names for both
www.mydomain.com and mydomain.com

disabling email in the gui does not affect that

there does seem to be an entry in access that appears to set up an error
msg for email to both domains but that is not what should happen.  The
server should be set up to NOT recieve email for those domains by
removing or commenting out the entries in local-host-names so that forms
or other system generated emails will be sent to the dns resolved mx
record for that domain.

Shouldn't it?

if I just delete the entries in local-host-name they reappear so I
assume these entries are stored in a db somewhere.  Can anyone give me a
clue where to look?

THanks

Bret