[BlueOnyx:04977] Re: disable all email

Darrell D. Mobley dmobley at uhostme.com
Wed Jul 7 08:52:40 -05 2010

Your response snipped an important part of Bret's post, which is the last
part of the following sentence starting with "so that forms...":

"The server should be set up to NOT recieve email for those domains by
removing or commenting out the entries in local-host-names so that forms or
other system generated emails will be sent to the dns resolved mx record for
that domain."

His comments indicate that by not removing the domain in question from the
local-host-names file for sites that have email disabled in the GUI, email
generated by website forms or system-generated email would never make it to
the proper email server for the domain in question.

Does email generated at the system level or email generated by someone
submitting a website form for a given domain get routed correctly in the
situation you described?  If I have elected to separate my email solution
from my website, email generated by my website should still be able to make
its way to me.