[BlueOnyx:04994] Re: disable all email

David Booth david at goulburn.net.au
Wed Jul 7 17:33:29 -05 2010

<other stuff>

David Booth wrote:
  So you want mail for that domain to be sent to a different ip address w.x.y.z?
  You do that with a line in /etc/mail/access

  mydomain.com    RELAY

  and another line in /etc/mail/mailertable

  mydomain.com    smtp:w.x.y.z

  Then

  cd  /etc/mail
  make
That is helpful David I did not know you could do that.  It is not as clean as just not handing mail at all for that domain though.  I suspect that the access file will get overwritten and have no idea if BX does anything with mailertable.

Neither /etc/mail/access nor /etc/mail/mailertable is overwritten. I do this for several sites that have their own mail servers on fixed ip.

'Relay mail from' settings in the gui get inserted into ~/access between
# Cobalt Access Section Begin
# Cobalt Access Section End

Put your stuff outside that.

mailertable isn't used by BO/BX

Otherwise, maybe you want to look in /etc/mail/virtusertable
You can mangle that to get mail sent elsewhere per user/domain

make

(For a whole domain, I think that takes more 'managing' than using ~/access)