[BlueOnyx:05017] Re: CPU questions - current BlueOnyx install.

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Fri Jul 9 22:30:06 -05 2010

Hi Gerald,

> We are looking at a box that uses these CPUs.
>
>   45nm Quad-Core Intel® Xeon® 3300 series
>   45nm Dual-Core Intel® Xeon® 3100 series
>   Quad-Core Intel® Xeon® 3200 series (G0 stepping)
>   Dual-Core Intel® Xeon® 3000 series
>   Quad Core/Dual Core
>   FSB 800/1066/1333 MHz
>
> Anyone using these? any recommendations?
> Our concerns are the xeon and the 32/64 bit thing and
> CPU works with current BlueOnyx install.

Should be fine, really. There are plenty of people who use BlueOnyx on Xeon's.
So this will be no problem. The only troubles that can arise is that the
onboard controller of your motherboard may not be supported, but that really
depends on the board. In that case it would be good to make sure that you have
a free PCI-X slot and can plug in a dedicated controller card. Which -
performance wise - typically is the best idea anyway.