[BlueOnyx:05020] Firefox crashing...

Greg Kuhnert gkuhnert at compassnetworks.com.au
Sun Jul 11 06:39:00 -05 2010

Hi all.

Some time ago, there was some discussion about firefox crashing during
login's to BlueQuartz, BlueOnyx, and Aventurin{e}. At the time, I
guessed that the problem was related to password saving in Firefox...
I've played some more, and I am more puzzled than ever. Its happening
regularly on my PC right now.

I've reinstalled firefox. I've reinstalled on other PC's, but still it
crashes during login intermittantly. I've filled in the mozilla crash
reporter, but no-one ever listens or gives feedback... (Have they hired
ex-microsoft developers?)

So, lets nail this sucker. I'd like to do a survey. This topic however
is a little off topic, so I'll ask those on the list to reply to me
directly to avoid cluttering the list. I will give consolidated results
back in a week or two. Hopefully, there will be a pattern and we will be
able to pinpoint why this has been happening for so many years... and if
we are all very hopeful, perhaps the firefox people will finally listen
and fix this long standing problem.

Survey questions:

1. What product(s) do you use? (Specify version number please... To get
this, go to Updates (or bluelinq), and click Installed Software.

2. What firefox version do you use.

3. Do you experience firefox crashing during login to your server?
(Please specify if the problem happens for all product(s) specified in #1)

4. How often does Firefox crash during login to your web server?

5. What hardware / OS environment are you using?

6. What extensions and plugins are you using in Firefox? (Take screen
captures and include with your survey reply)

7. Do you have any unusual hardware security devices on your PC? (Eg:
Fingerprint reader)

|   / \   Greg Kuhnert, gkuhnert at compassnetworks.com.au               |
|<   o>  Compass Networks - Pointing you in the right direction      |
|   \ /   Come see us for BlueQuartz / BlueOnyx modules&  Support.    |