[BlueOnyx:05052] Re: Firefox crashing...

Greg Kuhnert gkuhnert at compassnetworks.com.au
Sat Jul 17 07:10:52 -05 2010

I have had a number of responses to my questions. Here is a brief summary:

    * This does not happen for all users. There is no discernable common
      element that helps us to identify WHY it works for some users, but
      not for others. About 60-70% of respondants experienced firefox
      crashes... but there were equally others that did not.
    * Firefox crashes when connecting to all current bluequartz,
      blueonyx, aventurin{e} products, as well as older servers that are
      not fully yummed.
    * Firefox crashes on all current versions of firefox, on multiple
      operating system platforms... Linux, windows, etc. No pattern.
    * There was no discernable hardware pattern that might relate to
      crashes. People were experiencing firefox crashes on vanila hardware.
    * Some users had tested with all plugins and extensions disabled,
      but firefox was still crashing.
    * For some users, Firefox crashes once a day, for others it is
      multiple times per day. The frequency may correlate to the amount
      of activity to Bx consoles.

So. What now? I am doing some digging about my past crash reports...

One of my crash reports is here...
http://crash-stats.mozilla.com/report/index/bp-35bf1b18-9890-49d9-b6e9-e67712100710

If anyone else who is having this problem could have a peek, and compare
to some of your crash reports - that'd be great.

Again, dont polute the forums with replies about this off-topic stuff -
please send feedback directly to me.

Thanks.
Greg.

|   / \   Greg Kuhnert, gkuhnert at compassnetworks.com.au               |
|<   o>  Compass Networks - Pointing you in the right direction      |
|   \ /   Come see us for BlueQuartz / BlueOnyx modules&  Support.    |