[BlueOnyx:05079] OT get username + password from pop3 connections

Kit Wong Kit at simplysites.net
Tue Jul 20 13:40:57 -05 2010

Hi all

It may sound stupid but I have a client who has a pop3 connector that connects to my bluequartz to pick up emails. The trouble is that he doesn't know how to change the password on his system but I had to change it my end and I don't know the original one I sent him.

The question is: is there a way to view what his server is using to try to authenticate? I know the username and am getting a lot of failures in var/log/maillog and also /var/log/messages

It's dovecot / sendmail bluequartz if it helps. I know this

Thanks in advance

It's