[BlueOnyx:05097] Re: cmuImport and absolute path of vsite

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Fri Jul 23 03:59:00 -05 2010

Hi Paolo,

> When I migrate a vsite from a BX server to another using
> cmuExport/cmuImport, the utility doesn't preserve the absolute path
> /home/.sites/#/site# from the old server to the new.

Yes. CMU will not necessarily import sites with the same absolute path.

> There is a way to force cmuImport to create a vsite with an absolute path?

No, that's not really possible.

> This create problems with many CMS like Joomla.
> Or can I change the absolute path of a vsite and which files I have to
> edit?

The simple solution is: Never use the absolute path in config files of your
scripts. Instead use the relative path, like /home/sites/www.site.com/web/
instead. Because that path will never change.