[BlueOnyx:04705] Re: Qustions dfix.sh

Greg Kuhnert gkuhnert at compassnetworks.com.au
Mon Jun 7 01:33:08 -05 2010

On 6/06/2010 3:24 PM, Eiji Hamano (bluequartz) wrote:
> I am using "dfix.sh" heavyly. Thank you Greg Kuhnert !
>
> But I am not a shell programer, I am not clear some of dfix.sh..
> Anyone advice me ?.
>
> 1. My understandings for "MAX=50" are ;
> a) It's suitable for middle machine like as Xeon 3.2GHz x 2.
> b) It causes hangup sometime on small machine like as
> strong-bolt-cobalt550. It should be around 20.
> c) If the machine has a heavy load on Web access and DB, it must be
> less 50.

This is the number of simultaneous dovecot processes. I used to have 50
... but these days, I've personally bumped my own servers a lot higher -
especially with people using persistant IMAP connections.

> 2. I don't understand files on /temp/badip*.
> What difference on "badip", "badip.current" and "badip.good" ?
> Also "badip.good.log" and "badip.log" ?

Many of those temp files get deleted in later versions.

> 3. Mine is "Release 5 - 24-Dec-2007#.
> Is there new one ?

Thats fairly old. Register to newlinq to get the latest version.

http://www.compassnetworks.com.au/?page=newlinq

Regards,
Greg