[BlueOnyx:04740] Re: Install questions

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Sat Jun 12 14:50:32 -05 2010

Hi Benjamin,

> 1) Will the current BlueOnyx run on a 64-bit Centos installation?

No, BlueOnyx on CentOS 5 (5106R) is (and will remain) 32-bit only.

> If not, any ETA on the 64-bit version?

We're currently working on BlueOnyx on CentOS 6.0, which will be available in
a 32-bit version (5107R) and a 64-bit version (5108R).

ETA? Shortly after CentOS 6.0 will be available, which will be sometime this
fall.

Our official YUM repositories are populated with an early set of RPMs of alpha
quality for both 5107R and 5108R. But so far these are just a partial builds
which are only good for testing and has quite a few loose ends that we still
need to tackle.

We have a development blog up on the BlueOnyx website from which you can track
our progress on that:

http://www.blueonyx.it/index.php?page=devel-blog

> 2) Can the TAR Ball version of BlueOnyx be installed on a 10gb drive?

Yes.

> 3) The initial Centos installation would be VERY minimal.
> Would I need to install Apache, Sendmail, etc. before installing
> BlueOnyx or would the Blue Onyx install script take care of such things?

The tarball installer checks for missing dependencies and will either tell you
what's missing, or will fetch it for you through YUM.