[BlueOnyx:04855] Re: Migration Issues BlueQuart -> BlueOnyx

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Wed Jun 30 15:21:53 -05 2010

Hi,

> - Do i have to expect specific problems with exports/imports from the
> cmu tool (on the current BlueQuartz System the sites are using Mailaccounts
> and only some simpe static/php sites)?

1.) Use the latest CMU for generating the CMU-Export on BlueQuartz. You can
find a BlueQuartz PKG here:

http://www.blueonyx.it/index.php?page=migration-utility

2.) Before you use cmuExport, make sure that the disk quota information on the
BlueQuartz box is correct. It easily and often enough gets corrupted on
BlueQuartz.

To do so, run this two commands as "root" from SSH:

	/usr/sausalito/sbin/disk_restorequotas.pl
	/usr/sbin/swatch

Then check under "Active Monitor" / "Disk Usage" that no sites or users are
over their allocated disk quota. If a user or site is over quota, then it may
not be possible to import all their data on the target system.

> - Does the cmuExport tool only exports config files/data or does it make an
> export with all the user data (ex. like the Plesk Dump tools)?

It generates two types of files: Tarballs containing the site and userdata and
XML files that contain the configuration of sites and/or users. Optionally you
can also tell CMU to only generate (or import) the configuration, but no
actual data. That is a rarely used option, but sometimes it can be useful.

> - I've read that i should use the latest CMU Version on Blue Quartz (2.80)
> for exporting. Currentlyi have only version 2.63:
>
> *********
> 5100R-cmu.noarch                         2.63-0BQ15.centos4     installed
> Matched from:
> 5100R-cmu
> Cobalt Migration Utility (CMU)
> *********
>

> I've runned an update but the latest version i get with yum is 2.67:

Yeah, see above. When you check our BlueQuartz CMU PKG download page you can
see that our CMU has some improvements. Aside from supporting BlueQuartz ->
BlueOnyx migrations we also did some bugfixes which the original CMU on
BlueQuartz doesn't have yet.