[BlueOnyx:04856] Re: Brian type permissions question..

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Wed Jun 30 15:33:48 -05 2010

Hi Joachim,

> What is the status of the tests or implemantation of the module mod_suphp??
>  I have seen a Changeset in the Bluequartz.org TRAC-System
>  http://bluequartz.org/trac/changeset/1492/
>
>  If this would be implemented, then I have one big problem gone.
>  Many of my customers uses CMS-Systems and then the quota of the sites is
> wrong. I have sites who have a quota of 500mb and the uses 2.5GB (five
> times more). The next problem is: A marketing agency makes a website and
> upload the files. But if the want to change or delete files which are
> created from apache (inside the cms) then the can´t make any change with
> the FTP-Clients.

Yeah, it's still on my list, but I shy away from making such a drastic change
to existing systems that are serving actual webpages. Beause if we then
release such a drastic change as YUM update, it could have quite undesireable
side effects.

While I'm working on BlueOnyx for CentOS 6 this is something I'm looking into
as well - as one of the few alternatives that could be used to improve
matters. On a fresh platform such as BlueOnyx on CentOS 6 we can introduce
such a change much easier for everyone involved.