[BlueOnyx:03719] Re: Latest YUM updates

Rickard Osser rickard.osser at bluapp.com
Mon Mar 1 02:55:55 -05 2010

Hi Michael and Jeff,

On Sun, 2010-02-28 at 06:27 +0100, Michael Stauber wrote:
> Hi Jeff,
>
> > Can I make a suggestion for additional functionality of this? Currently,
> > the code inserts the RBLs in the order entered, which is good, but the
> > management page lists them in alpha order. Since these functions work in
> > the order entered, one would wish the most pertinent RBL listed first to
> > limit the number of DNS requests.
> >
> > Can you add code to list them in the order they are contained in the M4
> > file, and add the ability to shift a line up or down, similar to the
> > functionality in (gasp) webmin?
>
> I'll look into that.
They only thing needed to do is to sort everything in object order
instead of sorted field name order, but, we might want to set priority
on the fields instead, it would give a us greater flexibility.

> > There also needs to be an "Apply" or "Save" button because adding or
> > deleting an RBL doesn't appear to rebuilt/restart sendmail...
>
> It's supposed to restart Sendmail. There is a trigger for it, but I'll check
> that, too.
Well, it is working as Jeff commented on later on! :)

Regards,
--
Rickard Osser <rickard.osser at bluapp.com>
BluApp