[BlueOnyx:03746] Re: Changing procmail from mbox to Maildir

Menno Jansz menno at jansz.com
Mon Mar 1 19:02:45 -05 2010

Quoting Michael Stauber <mstauber at blueonyx.it> on Mon, 01 Mar 2010:

> Both of them will revert the system back to mbox, which we see as default.

Thanks for the info Michael. It would be nice to be able to choose
either format
as the default, but I can see how 3rd party software would have to be
able to be
able to check which format is in use.

The main reason I would like to use maildir is because the old server I am
moving to my BlueOnyx server is using maildir, so it would avoid me having to
somehow convert all the existing mailboxes from maildir to mbox.

The other reason is that I found maildir much faster and no probs such as mbox
corruption.

Cheers,
Menno