[BlueOnyx:03753] subdomains/dns

germano Soru germano at soru.me.uk
Tue Mar 2 05:48:32 -05 2010

Hi,

I'm not sure if I'm configuring the dns correctly, so I'm looking for some
help if possible.

I have a sub domain:  subdomain.website1.com which works no problem,
If I type in rubbishstuff.website1.com it sometimes it forwards to that sub
domain, other times it times out... (mail.website1.com always points to the
sub domain)which it shouldn't, it should just go to www.website1.com or
timeout..

Also if I type in for instance mail.website2.com or
rubbishstuff.website2.com (sometimes times out) it forwards to
subdomain.website1.com.

Similarly this happens on a different ip with different websites but since
they don't have a sub domains, it forwards to the first domain I added...

Is there a way to stop this and keep domains within themselves and prevent
them from overlapping in this manor... I know it's a bit difficult as they
share ips with one another

Maybe this is all very simple and im just missing something obvious, so any
help would be much appreciated...

Thankx

Germano

believed to be clean.