[BlueOnyx:03771] Re: Sendmail concurrency question

Darrell D. Mobley dmobley at uhostme.com
Tue Mar 2 12:32:39 -05 2010

Chris, I don't know if this is doable on Mailman, but what I do to speed up
Majordomo is to sort the subscriber list to put all the domains in
alphabetic order.  I use this script:

#!/bin/bash
dd if=/usr/local/majordomo/sites/siteX/lists/listname
of=/usr/local/majordomo/sites/siteX/lists/listname.sort conv=lcase
sort -k2 -t @ < /usr/local/majordomo/sites/siteX/lists/listname.sort >
/usr/local/majordomo/sites/siteX/lists/listname

That way, when sendmail connects to say, Gmail, it delivers all of the Gmail
emails in one connection rather than one at a time.