[BlueOnyx:03804] Re: Changing procmail from mbox to Maildir

Menno Jansz menno at jansz.com
Thu Mar 4 06:47:07 -05 2010

Thanks for all the info Tobias, that has confirmed what I have researched and
filled in some missing gaps.

> 1) You have to protect your changed /etc/procmail somehow - this file is
> changed by some rpm-updates without notice.

I have been thinking about this, and couldnt figure out a way I could stop yum
updates from overwriting files. Does anyone have a way to protect files?

That is my main worry about changing over the server to qmail. Dont
want to all
off a sudden find the config changes reversed by some yum update.

As the old server I'm moving accounts from is qmail, it would really be
simpler
to be able to just stick with qmail.

Cheers,
Menno