[BlueOnyx:03808] Re: Spamassassin gone plum crazy!

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Thu Mar 4 07:29:42 -05 2010

Hi Jeffrey,

> Is anyone else experiencing problems with the Solarspeed Spamassassin
> running on a Aventurine/BO box?
>
> Currently mine has started marking all outgoing pop3 mail as spam even
> thought it's set up not to scan outgoing emails. The Control panel no
> longer works and so I cant even turn it off.

Sounds like your CCEd wasn't restarted at the end of the YUM update or maybe
not all relevant updates were installed. This update was kinda massive and
brought aboard lots of changes. Fortunately it seemed to install fine for
most, but I'm sorry to hear you're having problems.

To fix the issues, please do this as root from SSH:

yum clean all
yum update

See if it pulls any more updates related to the AV-SPAM. If not, then that's
fine. Then afterwards restart CCEd, which should fix any GUI related issues:

/etc/init.d/cced.init restart

Then go to the GUI interface, go to "Solarspeed GUI" / "AV-SPAM Settings" /
"SpamAssassin".

On that page you see the switch "Scan outgoing emails". Just change that for a
moment, hit "Save", wait until the changes are complete and then change it
again to what you want it to be and save again.

That should fix the problems. If not, then please contact me offlist and I'll
check it out.