[BlueOnyx:03857] Re: unable to login to email account after site xferto blue onyx

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Fri Mar 5 08:17:29 -05 2010

Munsell Randall wrote:
> Thanks for all the replies.  It turns out that during the switchover,
> the customer tried logging in too many times with the wrong password
> and BX blocked their username.  Once we cleared all of the failed
> logins and user blocks from the BX they were able to login.  Since you
> guys have been so helpful with this, it'd be great if I can get some
> help on another BX issue I have.  We have two MySQL sites with large
> databases on an old blue quartz server that we want to switch to the
> new BX server.  But when we used the standard cmu export/import
> commands, it didnt get the database stuff or at least didnt set it up
> right.  Are there special commands we need to use for the database
> stuff?

CMU does not handle databases at all.   If you need to transfer the
databases, then you should do a mysqldump, transfer the data to the new
box, and mysqlimport.

Or of course if you're more comfortable with a web interface, use
phpMyAdmin on the old box to Export, then save the resulting file, and
use phpMyAdmin on the new system and from the SQL tab, select the file
that you just exported and upload and import it.

HTH
--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services