[BlueOnyx:03908] Re: Server imaging

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Tue Mar 9 10:21:49 -05 2010

Jason Ozin wrote:
> We have an unusual BO server that has a number of tweaks to the OS due
> to issues. We now have an identical server we want to put BO on and by
> far the easiest way to do it would be to take a full image from the live
> server and use that as a base for the new server. So effectively I would
> like to ghost the live server to a replica server.
>
> Is there an easy way to do this?
>
> Many thanks

Hi Jason,
Runnin dd would be the most complete way to do this, as it is literally
duplicating a disk.  Of course, if it's a production server, this may
not be your preferred method since on a large disk this could take,
quite literally, hours.  Even on a relatively speedy box.

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services