[BlueOnyx:03923] Email user alias problem

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Wed Mar 10 20:21:12 -05 2010

I'm having a peculiar issue with a customer system.

Sending emails to user aliases on a domain are not functioning.

For instance, I have username jblow on www.domain.tld and an email alias
of joeblow.   Sending to jblow at domain.tld will work fine.  Sending to
joeblow at domain.tld always results in User Unknown.

I've played the game of pulling out the aliases, saving, then putting
the aliases back in and saving again.   I've checked
/etc/mail/virtusertable and everything looks good.

The only thing non-stock with this box is it's running Mailman, so it
has the extra aliases file defined in sendmail.mc.

makemap hash /etc/mail/virtusertable.db <  /etc/mail/virtusertable works
just fine with no errors.

Can somebody help with what I'm missing?
--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services