[BlueOnyx:03948] Re: Memory Limit

Darrell D. Mobley dmobley at uhostme.com
Thu Mar 11 11:42:52 -05 2010

Did you switch to the PAE kernel?

uname -a

If it doesn't say PAE in the kernel ident line, you need to install the PAE
kernel.

rpm -qa|grep kernel

Then just yum install it

yum install kernel-PAE

Afterwards check /boot/grub/grub.conf

In it you will find a line that starts with "default=" followed by a
number. That number there defines which kernel is uses by default on
startup.

PLEASE NOTE: The counting starts with zero, so if the 1st kernel is the
default kernel then the number should be 0 and your line should read:

default=0

Further below you find all the kernels that are installed on your system.

Check which one is the PAE kernel. If the PAE kernel is the 2nd kernel,
then change the "default=" line to this:

default=1

Then reboot the box and it should boot with the PAE kernel by default.