[BlueOnyx:03982] migration mySQL problems :-(

weggingt at eggington.net weggingt at eggington.net
Fri Mar 12 01:29:35 -05 2010

I was having a lot of problems with my bluequartz server so I decided to
upgrade to blueonyx by migrating over to a new machine.  I used the
raqbackup and restore procedure but it didn't work so great the first time.
Some of the backup files were corrupt or something so I re-ran the backup
on the old bluequartz server, deleted all the virtual sites on blueonyx and
did everything again only this time using the -n option for cmuImport.
Everything worked great this time until I got to the /usr/bin/mysql -root
-ppasswordofmysql <hostname.of.source.mysqldump.sql step.

It just wont' let me copy over or replace what is there from the old/bad
restore.   :-(

So then I tried to go in through phpmyAdmin but it won't load in the
blueOnyx interface!  It just remains white and I get the message saying
:-(

Is there a way to MAKE it load?  Maybe nuke mysql and re-install it?  How
would you guys recommend I get around this?