[BlueOnyx:04032] Couple of questions...

Darrell D. Mobley dmobley at uhostme.com
Mon Mar 15 10:01:55 -05 2010

A question specifically about BX, and a general question seeking your
opinion.

1. Michael, what do you think about replacing Majordomo with Mailman in the
BX core?  Is that something you may tackle in the future?  Does anyone offer
a paid BX Mailman package?

2. I use several computers to perform work tasks every week, at least two,
sometimes four.  Currently, I have six POP email accounts that involve
personal, real job and third-party business related email.  I have always
used POP email because I wanted to keep a local copy of the email (for
whatever delusional reasons), and tend to store some email indefinitely.
What is bothersome is having multiple email clients get the "new" mail every
time they are started, and having sent mail on one computer when you use
another.  How can I migrate to IMAP to resolve these issues?  What is the
best method?