[BlueOnyx:04057] Re: MySQL ERROR

Chuck Tetlow chuck at tetlow.net
Thu Mar 18 15:23:01 -05 2010

Its still a matter of checking that site's user to make sure it works.  The error clearly points to a database call on line 6 of the file "authinfo.inc".  You need to look to see what the host, username, and password are for that site (probably inside that authinfo.inc file).

Once you find that information for that site's database calls, test it from the command line with "mysql -u <username from file> -p".  It will prompt you for the password - use the one you found in that file.  If it doesn't work - you've found the problem.  Correct the user, password, or host in the user permissions table in the mysql database.

If it does work (and you get into mysql), check to make sure you can access that site's database once in.  Use the command "use <database name>;".  If you get an error - the problem is in the permissions "db" table in the mysql database.

If both do work - go back and double-check the site's authinfo.inc file.  Its probably trying some host other than localhost, or on a different port.

Good luck.

Chuck