[BlueOnyx:04073] Re: Couple of questions...

Ralf Quint Smoothwall at gmx.net
Fri Mar 19 20:05:49 -05 2010

At 05:14 PM 3/19/2010, Darrell D. Mobley wrote:

>Do I have to create new mailboxes on the server that are IMAP or just change
>the existing ones to be IMAP (can I even do that?).

There's no such thing as IMAP or POP3 'mailboxes'. These are
different access/retrieval 'protocols'...

One thing that you need to realize when using IMAP is that all data
stays on the server (and your email client will make a copy on your
local machine, which then get's sync'd upon retrieval from the server).
That can easily result in exceeding the allotted drive space per
account if you are not dilligent...

Ralf