[BlueOnyx:04094] Re: BlueOnyx CMS crazy idea

Jeffrey Pellin jeffrey at px2co.net
Mon Mar 22 07:56:39 -05 2010

Hi Michael,

The IP for this is owned by a company (PX2 Ltd) which I used to own, but
now only have 25% of. Before I go too far with this I am waiting for
commitment from the current owner. The reason that I put this on the list
was to see if there was any interest before I took it too far.

My view is that it should be fully and irrevocably open source using one of
the Licences that are available, and I would only be interested in doing it
if the product was fully open source. PX2 Ltd make money from Webalistic by
selling Webalistic hosted sites and by Partner agreements. They have never
sold server licences for this, so it has never been a commercial product in
that sense. Personally I think they would be the losers if they don't go
ahead with this..

I will keep you up to date - it would be great for it to be fully
integrated in the GUI, something that I hadn't thought about.

All the best.

Jeffrey