[BlueOnyx:04100] Re: BlueQuartz Issues any suggestion?

Gerald Waugh gwaugh at raqware.com
Mon Mar 22 19:15:13 -05 2010

On Tue, 2010-03-23 at 09:10 +1100, Muta Wakilu wrote:
> Yes, BlueQuartz    .....
> Michael, I have cheked the /etc/dbrecover, and found those 3 entries
> as you mentioned.
> I corrected the file to have the "#!/bin/sh"
> saved ,  stopped dbrecover and start.
> I tried adding a new user, and its the same thing " "Please
> wait for the changes to complete" but it never completes.
>
> Is there a way to revert to my old non flatfile passwd? and by the
> way, another server is also having same, but issue, but I havent
> changed passwd to flat file yet, any idea how I can get this fixed
> without having to go the flat file path?

When you converted to flat file did you save all items as directed?
13 IF YOU RUN INTO ISSUES!!!!
        Stop all Services, Do Step #1

        Restore the backup
        cd /var/db
        /bin/tar xfvpz /SYSTEM-BACKUP/var-db.tgz
        /bin/cp /SYSTEM-BACKUP/passwd /etc/passwd
        /bin/cp /SYSTEM-BACKUP/shadow /etc/shadow
        /bin/cp /SYSTEM-BACKUP/group /etc/group
        /bin/cp /SYSTEM-BACKUP/User.pm /usr/sausalito/perl/Base/User.pm
        /bin/cp /SYSTEM-BACKUP/Group.pm /usr/sausalito/perl/Base/Group.pm
        /bin/cp /SYSTEM-BACKUP/system-auth /etc/pam.d/system-auth
        /bin/cp /SYSTEM-BACKUP/saslauthd /etc/sysconfig/saslauthd
        /bin/cp /SYSTEM-BACUP/nsswitch.conf /etc/nsswitch.conf

        Start all Services, Do Step #11

This article was written by Brian Smith from Nuonce Networks.

It is difficult to completely diagnose issues such as yours without
access to the machine. Allowing full access to the log files when errors
occur.

Gerald Waugh
Front Street Networks - Raqware