[BlueOnyx:04132] PHP vhost setting strangeness

Jeff Jones jeffrhysjones at mac.com
Fri Mar 26 06:02:37 -05 2010

Hi all,

Bit of a strange one this.

We have a BX server that misbehaves when you try to change PHP settings. We have noticed two things:

1) If you try to change any setting in PHP - be it at the server level or the vsite level - HTTP dies. We have to stop HTTPD / Start a few times to get it working again.
2) Settings made to php on the vsite level have no affect - settings are all taken off the master server level.
3) Investigating further - if I compare the contents of the /etc/httpd/conf/vhost/sitex file on this server with a new test one we have here (where vsite php changes work fine) - they seem to be missing a whole bunch of php settings - hence the reason for the vsite settings not taking affect:

This entire block of settings text is missing on the problem server:

# BEGIN PHP SECTION.  DO NOT EDIT MARKS OR IN BETWEEN.
php_admin_flag safe_mode On
php_admin_flag safe_mode_gid Off
php_admin_value safe_mode_allowed_env_vars PHP_
php_admin_value safe_mode_exec_dir .
php_admin_value safe_mode_include_dir .
php_admin_value safe_mode_protected_env_vars LD_LIBRARY_PATH
php_admin_flag register_globals Off
php_admin_flag allow_url_fopen Off
php_admin_flag allow_url_include Off
php_admin_value open_basedir /tmp/:/var/lib/php/session/:/home/.sites/28/site1/
php_admin_value post_max_size 10M
php_admin_value upload_max_filesize 10M
php_admin_value max_execution_time 30
php_admin_value max_input_time 60
php_admin_value memory_limit 16M
# END PHP SECTION.  DO NOT EDIT MARKS OR IN BETWEEN.

4) Aside from that - PHP is working fine on the server (reports version 5.1.6),  is pretty up to date on YUM (last one done a few weeks ago). This server started life last year on an early version of BX so I wonder if something has gone screwy someplace over time..?

Any ideas to help me get to the bottom of this / reset the vhosts files back to how they should be would be much appreciated!

I can't figure out why the site files are not getting updated with the correct layout of PHP settings when I save them?

Cheers,

Jeff