[BlueOnyx:04140] Re: BO box wont boot - just come up with grub - how can get I get the userdat off?

Peter Robbins - Bridgewater Software pete at bridgewater.it
Mon Mar 29 03:13:54 -05 2010

Hi and thanks for your help on this.

turns out that the machine has 'lost' its entire setup.

We are being told that the box was compromised and the person deleted
the entire system.  All that remains are 10 empty directories!

not sure how this is actually possible.  My thoughts are that someone
"accidentally" deleted the VM off the Xencenter and is using this as a
smoke screen.

anyways, thanks to all those who helped.