[BlueOnyx:04526] BX failure: No GUI changes can be made

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Mon May 17 09:09:37 -05 2010

Having trouble with a customer system that is not saving any GUI
changes.  It just appears to hang.  The issue was first noticed by the
customer trying to add a new vsite and the GUI issued this error:
"UNKNOWN ERROR DURING CREATE"

Going back through previous suggestions, I found there was no
/etc/passwd.lock in place, and all the mail files hash out OK.

I also notice that no other changes seem to complete.   vsites cannot be
deleted, time cannot be changed, password changes do not complete.  In
short, it appears that no input through the GUI appears to function.

I've restarted cced.init to no avail.

The only error that seems to crop up in /var/log/adm_error is this:
[Mon May 17 06:14:46 2010] [error] [client 127.0.0.1]
ServerScriptHelper.ServerScriptHelper(): Cannot authenticate to CCE
(login name: , session ID: )

I've used passwd at the CLI to manually change the password for both the
root and admin users, and that has had no effect on the problem.

Suggestions and assistance would be welcomed!

Thanks guys.

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services