[BlueOnyx:04627] Help with recent Installs (/var Full) (Mysql quit)

publictv at cox.net publictv at cox.net
Mon May 24 12:13:56 -05 2010

   I have installed Blueonyx on 2 servers 1 an IBM Xseries 335, with 2-73gb drives that Blueonyx set to raid, the other is an Dell 2650 with 5-18gb drives setup as 1 container both servers on on their own separate static IP address  both worked great for about 2 weeks then phpmyadmin could not connect and the mysql said that it could not connect with these settings to check the settings, a little more investigation showed that the red light was in the status section on the drives and the graphs show that the /var is .04% from 100% full, but the green light is on for mysql even though its not working as explained in the following,

    if I use mindterm I cant stop mysql, and I cant Start it ether, Status shows its stopped, and if I use condrestart then status says its running but nothing works, and after a short time you check the status again and then again its stopped, if using start, or restart, it dose nothing for about 2 minutes and then says that there was an error starting the Daemon.

    I am a fast learner and am new to Linux and to Blueonyx so when giving me an instruction to check or run or delete something at least the 1st time it would save a lot of time to include the complete path needed to do it and the command and or the complete syntax for the command. As I said I learn fast but hunting down information to learn how to do what you are asking is very slow and many times is proprietary when it comes to the paths. Such as I was going to take a chance and delete out some of the logs in the /Var to make room to see if it would fix it but without the GUI to do it I dont know how and I have seen on other posts asking if it was safe to do so and I found no responses.

   Any Help Gladly accepted!